Here’s a nifty summary of HBOT effects. It’s not only applicable to autism, but for any condition. Who wouldn’t benefit from the effects listed below? It’s like a check list for health. If everyone could go through a few series of HBOT treatments, the increase in overall health would be amazing. This is why I say that everyone can benefit from HBOT.
The benefits of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy for ASD, PDD, and other Autistic type disorders:
- Angioneogenesis from the addition of oxygen: (regrowth of new blood vessels)
- Angioneogenesis from the removal of oxygen: (regrowth of new blood vessels after the treatments are completed, 40 hours of HBOT standard of care)
- Increases in blood flow independent of new blood vessel formation.
- Decreasing levels of inflammatory biochemicals:
- Up-regulation of key antioxidant enzymes and decreasing oxidative stress:
- Increased oxygenation to functioning mitochondria:
- Increased production of new mitochondria from HBOT (the energy factories of the cells).
- Bypassing functionally impaired hemoglobin molecules, the result of abnormal porphyrin production, thereby allowing increased delivery of oxygen directly to cells:
- Improvement in immune and autoimmune system disorders:
- Decreases in the bacterial/yeast load found systemically and in the gut:
- Decreases in the viral load found systemically and possibly decreases in a viral presence that may exist in the intestinal mucosa:
- Increases in the production of stem cells in the bone marrow with transfer to the CNS: Studies have shown that HBOT increases the production of stem cells in the bone marrow and that transfer of stem cells to the central nervous system.
- Direct production of stem cells in the brain.
- Increased production and utilization of serotonin:
- Helps rid the body of petrochemicals.
- Helps rid the body of mercury and heavy metals.